Hearing Loss, Aids & Protection
Why should I see
How do I know if I have
What do I do if I have
What is the cost of a
Is there a
How are hearing aids chosen
Why should I see an audiologist?
Hearing loss is a medical condition. An audiologist is a medical professional that specializes in hearing, hearing loss and hearing healthcare needs.
How do I know if I have hearing loss?
If you experience any of the symptoms listed in our self-check list, you may have some form of hearing loss. It is important to address hearing conditions early on to prevent further loss of hearing.
If you believe that you may be experiencing hearing loss, review these self-check questions:
- Do you have difficulty understanding conversations?
- Do you ask those around you to repeat themselves frequently?
- Does the increased volume of TV or radio bother other people?
- Do others seem to be mumbling?
- Do you have difficulty locating sources of sound?
- Have you experienced loud sounds, like machines or industrial equipment?
- Do others feel annoyed when you misunderstand what they are saying?
- Do you avoid social gatherings, because you may not understand what people are saying?
What do I do if I have hearing loss?
We recommend the appropriate product that fits your needs and lifestyle. Hearing aids are either behind the ear (BTE), in the ear (ITE), in the canal (ITC), or completely in the canal (CIC). Depending on your level of hearing loss, we can demonstrate how a hearing aid can sound like and how they can help with hearing loss. However, hearing aids cannot replace normal hearing entirely.
What is the cost of a hearing aid?
Cost of hearing aids varies depending on the severity of hearing loss, the style of the hearing aid, and the technological grade of the hearing aid. Hearing aids can cost about $1,500 to $3,500 each. More affordable options are available, but these models may be limited on fitting capability and technology.
Is there a trial period?
We offer a 30 day trial on all hearing aids.
How are hearing aids chosen for me?
Dr. Harvey uses her expertise to match your hearing loss with a hearing aid best suited to for you and your budget.